With the endless list of parenting duties and work to trouble you, it is easy to forget that you need some time for focusing on your intimate relationship with your partner. Your romantic life may have fizzled and this can put a lot of stress on a relationship. The best way to alleviate this issue is to make some thoughtful gestures and take out time for doing some bonding couples’ activities. You can easily bring back the heat in your marriage with the effort and time you put in spicing up your relationship. Here are some things you can do:
- Think of what really appeals to your spouse such as what they want or like, even if it isn’t exactly your cup of tea. Even though writing a sexy note, wearing lingerie or even bringing flowers home doesn’t do much for you, take the time out to surprise your partner and it will be worth it as the favor may be returned. These are romantic or sexy items that can be shared without the kids finding out about them.
- Do some planning for a date night. Trade babysitting duties with a pal who also has kids or get a babysitter for your children. Close the bathroom or bedroom door and spend some time getting ready so you can surprise your spouse when you walk out all fancy and dressed up. Hold hands when you are walking or even play footsie underneath the table at the restaurant.
- Don’t forget to flirt with your partner. You don’t have to stop just because you are married. Complement your lady or stroke your guy’s ego. Tell your partner how much you appreciate the fact that they make you laugh or remind them of how beautiful they are. Be sincere and genuine. Your spouse will feel wonderful when they hear some nice words from you and you will feel good when you see how you are brightening your partner’s day.
- Prepare a romantic meal together. Send your kids to their grandparent’s house if possible or feed them and let them have a movie night. You and your spouse can work on a new recipe and relax in each other’s company. Discuss lighthearted topics while you two have a glass of wine. Whisper sexy and romantic words to your partner. Kiss the back of their neck gently or hug them from behind. Even these simple acts can work wonders for your relationship.
- Why not have a long make-out session. Put the kids to bed, play a movie that you don’t intend on watching and make-out on the couch just as you did when you were teenagers. Go slow and build up the anticipation.
- You can aid your spouse in unwinding and relaxing after a tiring day with a massage after the kids go to sleep. Light candles or use scented oils. This is great not just for releasing the tension, but works as foreplay and draws the two of you together.