The internet has become a constant in the lives of people these days. In one way or another, you and almost everyone else are part of the cyber world. People of all ages go online several times in a day.
It’s no wonder that a lot of businesses have shifted to digital technologies in many aspects of their operations. While a number of business processes and tools have been rendered obsolete by internet technology, one industry that has remained relevant these days is commercial printing.
The Future of the Printing Industry
Even in the age of the internet, print media isn’t dead. This is especially true for commercial printing needs. Surveys and studies have shown that printed newspapers and magazines are no longer as popular as they were before the proliferation of online news. However, the need for posters, flyers, brochures, sales kits, pop ups and standees, and other printed marketing and merchandising support materials has not waned.
Marketing Your Business Using Printed Materials
Although digital advertising and marketing campaigns are common these days and have been found to be effective, printed media campaigns still continue to bring in positive results as well. In fact, both digital and print modes are regarded as complementary. When both campaigns are run simultaneously to support each other, businesses are sure to see positive results in no time.
- Print is more lingering – people say that advertising online gives you 24/7 presence. Printed materials like posters, flyers, and brochures also give you the same kind of exposure. When your customers take home a flyer or a brochure with them, they can reach for it anytime they want to.
Unlike online ads that pop up every now and then, posters and standees can be displayed in one place on a more permanent basis. Customers are exposed to the advertising material for a longer period of time.
- Print covers more ground – printed marketing materials may contain more information. Ads online rarely get a full-size spread and there are many distractions that share the audience’s attention, such as videos, blog posts, news articles, or online messages. Printed marketing materials make your audience focus on your message alone.
- Print makes your company, products, and services “real” – having something printed with your logo on it somehow gives your business some credibility. Especially when you include your company contact information in the printed materials, consumers tend to believe your marketing messages more. At the very least, they will move forward to take the “connection” further and find out more about you from your website or other customer contact points. This gives you a chance to convince them to do business with you.
- Print gives you more flexibility in terms of creativity and execution – you don’t have to limit yourself to traditional flyers and brochures when you produce printed marketing materials. This doesn’t mean only playing around with colors, graphics, and fonts. You can think outside the box, and come up with die-cut direct mailers that stand out form the pile of envelopes, or perhaps 3D brochures that are more exciting and engaging.
Finding the Right Partner
Your printed marketing materials will only give you the results you want if they’re properly executed. Even the best designs and layouts done by the best creative professional won’t turn out right if you have a lousy printer. You need to make sure that the printer you hire can give you the kind of output you want, without costing you an arm and a leg. With today’s advance technology, this can easily be achieved.
Here’s a quick checklist of qualities you need to look for in a high quality printer, that will not be a waste of your time and money:
- advance printing technology
- excellent customer support
- extensive track record
- competitive pricing
When you find the right partner, you can be assured of high quality printed marketing materials that will help you achieve your business goals. And with the continuous development in the commercial printing industry, you can also look forward to more exciting ways to produce your print materials in the years to come.