As a business owner, you are constantly looking to improve your business, whether it is by hiring more people to improve your service, by optimizing your finances, by launching a new product, etc. These are all great ways to improve a business. However, there are other ways to increase your company’s performance or ease of use for your customers and one of them is simple and efficient. We are talking about integrating the use of plastic cards into your business and it will be the topic of today’s article.
Why Should You Choose Plastic Cards Over Cardboard Ones?
Plastic cards are much more durable than their cardboard counterparts, so your customers will be able to keep the plastic card you give them for many years. It also looks great and is suitable for many types of businesses, which we will name below.
What Kind of Businesses are Suitable for Plastic Cards?
One of the great things about plastic cards is that they can be used in a wide variety of business types and yours can certainly make great use of them. Here are some examples of businesses that can benefit from integrating plastic cards into their activities :
- Tanning salons
- Gift cards
- Sales and promotions
- Advertising and marketing
- Public parking
- Office buildings
- Government offices
- Medical clinics
- Hotels, motels and resorts
- Libraries and schools
- Clubs and organizations
- Insurance companies
- Professional orders and associations
How Can Your Business Use Plastic Cards?
There are many ways that your business can use plastic cards. To help you figure out how you could use it in yours, here is a list of their most common uses :
- Parking Cards
- They can be numbered to facilitate their recovery.
- Since they must be durable, plastic cards are perfect to create them.
- Promotional Cards
- They can be sold at a fundraising to offer discounts to select partners, for example.
- They are great for long-term sales promotions since they are very durable.
- Business Cards
- They give a great first impression when you show them to potential customers.
- They are very good replacements for your cardboard cards.
- Membership Cards
- Can be used to identify paying customers of a paying clinic, for example.
- They are proofs of membership and payment of dues.
- They are often issued by professional orders and associations.
- Identity Cards
- They can be used as an access card.
- They can contain their owner’s photograph.
- They are issued by employers or service providers.
- Hospitality or Access Cards
- They can serve as a security measure to restrict access to a place or to provide access to it for those who need to.
- They can act as a key.
- They are used by hotels and office buildings.
- Loyalty Cards
- They can have an area with scratch boxes when a privilege is used.
- They include a magnetic stripe and a bar code to record information from the card holder to award him or her reward points. Once enough points have been accumulated, they can be redeemed by the customer.
- They are issued by a group of merchants for the benefit of people.
- Customer Cards
- They have the ability to add money to an account used for copier or Internet access credit.
- They can come with a magnetic strip or bar code to identify the customer’s account or to record transactions.
- They can be given to people who subscribe to a service.
- They can identify a customer or hold a predetermined value.
This concludes our article on why plastic cards could be interesting additions to your business. We hope that it has inspired you to add plastic cards into your business’ activities. If you are interested in doing so, we invite you to contact a printing broker near you. A printing broker has all the expertise required to guide you in the process of purchasing plastic cards for your business.